WHAT TO SEE IN CESENATICO
Discover the secrets and magic of this small coastal town
Cesenatico: where history meets the sea
From a small fisherman's village to a bustling maritime centre, Cesenatico is a place steeped in history that offers its visitors the opportunity to discover charming, colourful views, relaxing maritime panoramas and a warm, welcoming ambiance.
From fishing huts, typical villages to seagulls
Climbing by foot from the long jetty of the Leonardesque canal port, the first marvel you stumble across are the fishing huts, Cesenatico's undeniable symbol of maritime life. It is from this point of the jetty that you can watch the fishing boats return at different times of the day, escorted by scenic flocks of circling seagulls.
It is from Piazza Ciceruacchio that you enter the heart of the historic centre. The old seaman's boats, the Piazzetta delle Conserve, the Vecchia Pescheria (Old Fish Market), the home of the poet Marino Moretti and many pretty bars and fish restaurants are just some of the sights along the way.
And the grand finale is the Museo della Marineria (Museum of Seafaring). Unique in the world due to its floating section, where you can admire the old sails and decorations on the bragozzi (old fishing boats), directly on the canal.
Bed & Brunch Stay (1 day)
Fancy a 1-night Bed & Brunch stay? Here are our tips so you don't miss anything and get the most out of your short stay in Cesenatico.
- 8 am: start the day with a hearty breakfast
- 9 am: take a trip to the local fruit and vegetable market in the renowned Piazzetta delle Conserve, which is rich in colour and charm
- 10.30 am: off to the beach until late afternoon
- 6 pm: after an afternoon of sun, take a stroll down to the jetty and, starting from the old fishing huts, set off towards the Leonardesque canal port from where you can admire the old sails in the floating section of the Museo della Marineria, as well as the town centre full of independent shops and fish restaurants
- 8 pm: set off in search for the canal port's best fish restaurant to enjoy a wonderful panoramic dinner
- 10.30 pm: enter the maze of lanes in the city centre, enjoying a discovery of the evening markets
To avoid disappointment, make a reservation
Cesenatico in 2 days
For a wonderful weekend in Cesanatico, here are our top tips for organising your stay.
- 8 am: start your day the right way with a hearty breakfast
- 9 am: down to the beach and enjoy the fresh sea breeze
- 8 pm: dinner at the hotel followed by a long stroll along the promenade to reach the end of the jetty and admire the fishing huts, the renowned palafitte (stilted houses) which now house fish restaurants and enjoy a romantic dinner with sea views
- 10.30 pm: continue on from the jetty to the canal port, stopping by the evening market that takes place along the central streets
- 10 am: you're on holiday, so why not enjoy a lie-in and a wonderful brunch at the hotel?
- 12 pm: cycle down to the beach for a sublime day in the sun
- 6 pm: the best time for a bit of shopping along the promenade - the shops are not too busy and the temperature is optimal
- 8 pm: dinner at the hotel, then set off on a discovery of the old tradition of bragozzi fishing boats in the floating section of the Museo della Marineria and take a few snaps of the colourful sails
- 10.30 pm: before returning to the hotel, head towards the skyscraper for a little night-time trip on the panoramic wheel, from where you can admire the views over the Riviera
Our private beach, Praia Brasil, is situated just 150 metres from Mare Home Bed & Brunch. The beach is just 4 minutes' walk from the hotel. With new, comfortable equipment, we are able to offer simple weekend breaks throughout the summer.
Beach facilities: Bar and terrace|Air-conditioning|Satellite TV and Wi-Fi|Games, newspapers, magazines and books|Automatic beach umbrellas|Lockers, hot showers|Beach volleyball, beach tennis, table tennis, bowls|Fully accessible
Situated just 150 m from the Mare Home Bed & Brunch is the Circolino Tennis Club, a private facility that is just 2 minutes' walk. The tennis courts can be booked throughout your entire holiday period.
Cesenatico is the ideal location for taking on different levels of cycling routes (from easy, difficult to challenging). One of the stages in the Giro d'Italia and the protagonist of one of the most famous cycling races in Romagna, Cesenatico is the ideal place if you want a sporty holiday. The hotel offers you the possibility of leaving your bicycle in a secure place or, if you wish, you can keep it in your room.